The pandemic has definitely put a brake on our travel plans for the past year but if you are careful and follow safety protocols while traveling to a resort, it is possible to engage in fun resort activities with your loved ones. Studies have shown that when you spend time outdoors it helps to lower your cortisol or stress hormone levels. For kids, it works wonders in improving their cognitive abilities.
- Hiking/Trekking: It may be a great way to spend quality time with your kids. If you are traveling to a resort in the hills, it is possible to go hiking or trekking to nearby locales for the day. If you are traveling with young children, you can choose an easy terrain and a shorter distance for hiking. For teenagers, a more challenging route may be exciting. All you need to carry with you is a map, plenty of water, and some filling, nutritious snacks.
- Mountain Biking: If you are going somewhere that has many biking trails, it can be a good idea to rent out mountain bikes and start exploring the area. Many resorts will lease out bikes to you for this purpose and this adventurous ride can be fun-filled and exciting for everyone.
- Snorkeling: If you are traveling to a beach resort, find out whether you can snorkel in the waters there. You can rent the gear or even carry it with you in your suitcase if you know that snorkeling is allowed at the destination. This can be a wonderful way to have a peek at the marine life under the waters and is an activity that kids and adults can engage in safely.
- Scuba Diving: For those of you who wish to dive deep into the ocean to explore the underwater species, scuba diving can be an excellent option. Many resorts in The Andamans, for instance, offer this adventure sport and you can experience an out-of-the-world thrill when you try scuba diving.
- Golfing: When you have chosen a place that is close to a golf course, why not take your kids to the range to try hitting a few balls? If you are a golf fanatic yourself, this can be an excellent opportunity to introduce your children to this fantastic sport.
- Swimming: What can be more fun than spending hours in the pool waters or bathing in the sea with your loved ones? If you are holidaying at a resort that boasts of a splendid pool, you can simply dive into it at any time to relax and unwind. This is a fun resort activity that you can do with anyone in the family, even if you have toddlers with you.
- Waterslide: Can there be anything more exciting that going to a resort that offers waterslides, chutes, and other pool games for kids? You can be sure your kids will not want to leave the pool anytime soon. Grownups can engage in aqua Zumba during this time to entertain themselves.